Possible to communicate with PV+ directly over DH+?

phuz

I've always connected with DH+ PanelViews through a CLX gateway, but I am working on one today that is connected to a SLC 5/04. I'm connected to the DH+ port in the SLC and I can see the PanelView plus in RSLinx, but RSLinx Enterprise is a different story. Maybe not possible?

RSLinx Enterprise DH+ connectivity has always been very limited. As far as I know, the only supported driver is the old 1784-PKTX card.

For your application, it would be best to make an Ethernet connection or use a memory card to download applications.

RSLinx Enterprise DH+ connectivity has always been very limited. As far as I know, the only supported driver is the old 1784-PKTX card.

For your application, it would be best to make an Ethernet connection or use a memory card to download applications.

I saw that one in the list, but I was surprised even in the newest of FTView, there is no U2DHP. Rather than running back and forth to the PV, I'll just bring in a gateway. Having that A4 around helps!

Legacy network support is a fixed quantity with PV+ and Machine Edition; I don't expect any future changes, drivers, or features.

With commodity Ethernet and flash media, that's what I expect to use for those legacy network applications always.

Legacy network support is a fixed quantity with PV+ and Machine Edition; I don't expect any future changes, drivers, or features.

With commodity Ethernet and flash media, that's what I expect to use for those legacy network applications always.

Understood, and I would have to agree with that decision.

So today's roadblock is not being able to see the DH+ network from the gateway. I'm using my A4 with the DHRIO and an ENBT, but can only see the DHRIO node. All DH+ indicators (SLCs and DHRIO) indicate solid green, so it should be happy. Baud is correct.

Easy fix. If you're not using a controller in the chassis, set the controller slot to the DHRIO slot. But I still can't browse to the PV+ through the Ethernet gateway? I guess I forgot this "feature" also doesn't exist.

Last edited:
When you mentioned bridging through a DHRIO I thought I recalled that you can't do that to download via RSLinx Enterprise.

When I had customers using DH+ PanelView Plus terminals, I encouraged them to also run Ethernet cable while they were doing the installation.

Not only did it make the installation ready to use Ethernet for the eventual ControlLogix migration, but also it allowed us to do program downloads easily without taking a computer out to the cabinet or finding a flash memory card.

When you mentioned bridging through a DHRIO I thought I recalled that you can't do that to download via RSLinx Enterprise.

When I had customers using DH+ PanelView Plus terminals, I encouraged them to also run Ethernet cable while they were doing the installation.

Not only did it make the installation ready to use Ethernet for the eventual ControlLogix migration, but also it allowed us to do program downloads easily without taking a computer out to the cabinet or finding a flash memory card.

For startup, I'll probably bring a wireless router and keep it over at the PV terminal.