uploading from modicon m340 using unity pro xl

JohnRatHolten

Hey all,

I'm new to the world of Schneider/Modicon, need some help.....

I have inherited a Modicon M340 as part of some used equipment that our company purchased, and I'm trying to evaluate whether I should continue to use the supplied M340 plc (which I have no documentation for),or write new logic in a format that I am familiar with. at this point I just want to see what the M340 logic looks like.

I got a trial copy (good for only 21 days)of Unity Pro XL Ver.6.1 from Schneider, got it installed, got the USB driver working, I am able to "connect" to the M340, but I am unable to complete an upload from the plc.

When I am connected, I see some status boxes at the bottom of the Unity Pro screen with the following info;
"HMI R/W Mode" (in green, not sure what that means?)
"Different" (in red, I guess projects don't match?)
"Run" (in green, the plc's in run mode?)
"Upload Info OK" (in green, that sounds good?)
"USB:SYS" (in green, I guess showing I'm connected by USB?)

When I start the upload, first I get a warning that "the hardware catalog used to produced the application, is not the same as the current one installed". Not really sure what impact this has, but I did verify that the current hardware catalog includes every module on this M340 rack.

So I acknowledge this warning and the upload continues until it get to point where it is "creating project" and gets to "FB Instances 15%" where it then stops and gives the error "Transfer Project from PLC failed".

So my question is, do I really have a problem or do I just not know what I'm doing?

Regards
JohnR

Everything you are doing is correct
I would guess that the program was created in an earlier version, and there appears to be some compatibility problem - supposed to work but if it is a very early version maybe not

Geez!!!! And Schneider wonder why I will not use these things! Apart from maintenance costs for the software.