Ladder diagram PLC OMRON using PID controller

nur

hello..i need ur advice..i'm doing a project about PID controller based on PLC .Now,i quite confuse on how to implement PID in PLC.Can you give an example of ladder diagram using PID algorithm IN PLC..thank you

Which PLC? The latest ones have manual PID and auto tune 2 degree of freedom PID built in.

You really should look at the manual - all is explained there. Also if you search at this site there are plenty of topics on PID - some very complex - and feed forward also. Lots can be learned by searchibg.

Sounds like a good marketing tool does it not?

Not much actually as I am not into process control in any way and PID, Feed Forward etc therefore do not do much either. However, things could change and then I would have to investigate and find out waht it does.
I can only comment that any temp controllers I have used in the past with this feature have worked pretty well.

Peter, from what I have seen you are possibly the best one here to comment, and you have in the past. There is a vast difference between what you do and a simple temperature controller.

I rather enjoy designing and building generator systems actually rather than process control or motion for that matter. The only process control job I did I did not enjoy because I had to work alongside/fight with Honeywell. They are very good at coming up with a load of you know what when they are in trouble or behind to apportion blame and direct attention in another direction. Much more comfortable with where my expertise lies.

BobB said:
Which PLC? The latest ones have manual PID and auto tune 2 degree of freedom PID built in.

Auto tune in PLC's (and even 'Speed Loop Autotune' in drives) is mostly another marketing slogon. I've never found any 'auto-tuner' to actually work well, except those in dedicated temperature controllers.

The very phrase generally just makes me nervous.

I'm pretty much doing the same thing.

Building a PID using ladder programmming (avoiding using the built in PID) . Can anyone help?

Also I need a PLC simulator that can read input text file. The ones that I found out there only have logics. I need to force in and out real values