RSLogix Emulate 500 v 6.00 not opening RSS

Saulo35

Hi,

I am now working with RSLogix Emulate 500 v. 6.00.00.07 (CPR9) under Windows XP SP3. I have RSLinx Classic Lite Rev. 2.57.00.14 CPR 9 SR 3, and I configured a driver as "EMU500-1 SLC 500 (DH485) Emulator Sta:00", and it's Running (the driver).

I want to emulate an .RSS program whose Processor Type is "Bul. 1766 MicroLogix 1400 Series B".

The Release Notes for RSLogix Emulate 500 v. 6.00 dated 12 Dec 2008 mention they added support for "Bul. 1766 MicroLogix 1400 Series A".

When I click "File/Open" in Emulate and select the MicroLogix .RSS file, nothing happens. Nothing at all. When I try to open an .RSS file written for an SLC-500 PLC, it works (at least it moves on to the next window where you configure Main File #, Start Rung, etc).

Is it possible that the Emulate version I have does not recognize the "Series B" MicroLogix .RSS?

I see in the same Release Notes that Emulate 500 does not require activation. If I need to update Emulate, do you know where to download it from? I tried entering the Serial Number of the RSLogix 500 pakage it came in, but it's out of support.

Thank you

I saved a copy of the MicroLogix .RSS file, changed the Processor Type to "Bul. 1766 MicroLogix 1400 Series A", saved it, tried to open it with Emulate...still nothing.

Series B not supported

I just ran into the same problem. In case it wasn't clear, the MicroLogix 1400 Series B processor is NOT supported in RSLogix Emulate500. When I tried to load my .rss file I got the same error as the original poster, but when I changed it to Series A it loaded into Emulate500 without problems.

I just ran into the same problem. In case it wasn't clear, the MicroLogix 1400 Series B processor is NOT supported in RSLogix Emulate500. When I tried to load my .rss file I got the same error as the original poster, but when I changed it to Series A it loaded into Emulate500 without problems.

Hey all,
This thread solved my issue.
But by changing from Series B to Series A Micro 1400, does it potentially corrupt my program?

Just ran into this as I am new to the 1400, did a google search, found this link.
Changed mine from B to A and Emulate 500 worked. Thanks