ge fanuc versamax connection to laptop

spfpneumatics

i currently have a ge fanuc versamax micro controller and versapro as its software. i tried connecting its cable to my laptop through usb to rs232 male connector. the plc does not seem to connect. i tried serialcommtest and the result was "PLC Connected OK at 19200/Odd/1 use VPv1." what shoud i do next? it still does not connect to my laptop. thanks.

When you try to connect to the PLC you are given a choice of which devices to use. Under "Tools/Communications Setup" take a look at the settings for the device you want to use. Make sure that the adapter is installed at the same COM port that the communications device uses.
It has been so long since VersaPro was declared obsolete that I can't tell you whether or not to expect success with a USB/serial converter.

Uninstall VersaPro and re-install it then it will be fine but when you re-install see below, if you dont install it in 'Compatibility' then it will not communicate it will load and look ok but it will not connect to the PLC

VersaPro and W7 1st step.jpg VersaPro and W7 2nd step.png

I recommend that you contact your local GE dealer and request a Trial Version of Proficy ME. That will get you started and introduce you to them for future support.