PLC S7 Disconnect Problem

Brent Tehini

Hi, some assistance would be greatly appreciated with the S7-300 disconnection problem I am experiencing. The disconnection occurs randomly between the Gateway Server (Server 2003) and PLC. Then automatically reconnect after 30 seconds. This PLC is used to control a High speed sorter. There is a profibus connection to the PLC which receives Bar-coded information from a Datalogic Scanner. The PLC passes this information onto the server to enable correct sortation. The PLC is connected via Ethernet to the Gateway via a simple 8 port switch. During this disconnection we are still able to ping the PLC via the gateway and still receive alive message confirmation.

After some long investigation, we found that the TCP offload engine was prematurely disconnecting the port connections. Via registry alterations we were able to disable this "Function" and solve the disconnect problem. Hope this helps anyone battling with the same issue.

What's great about this thread is you thought enough of others to return with your solution.

Glad you fixed your problem and many thanks for contributing!