rslinx and Excel with AI Icom software

mulderm

Hello,

I have 5 PLC5/25 plc´s working on a DataHighway+ network.
There is a laptop with Windows 95 and Icom AI series software
for plc5 installed using for programming.
I know that RSLogix5 is the best option but many people can´t
working with these because they have experience with AI series.
Now I want getting data from a PLC5/25 processor to an Excel-file
using a desktop with Windows XP, RsLinx professional and Office 2002
installed and using a KT communication card.
I will use DDE to get the data from a plc5/25.
Is this possible?
Because there is a laptop with the old AI series software, give
this a conflict with RSLinx?
Who can help me?

Greetings,

mulderm

If you can see the topic in linx there should be no problem pointing to it from excel. I have only done this excel - rslinx - control logix - over ethernet but if you see it in linx you can grab it from excel.

Very easy

There is no conflict between using RSLinx and using an AI-5 station on the same DH+ network as long as they have different Node numbers.

In RSLinx Professional, you will create a "DDE Topic" that references a specific PLC-5/25 controller. You may then make DDE references in Excel that use that Topic. The easy way to do that is to use the "Copy DDE/OPC Link" feature in RSLinx.

There is extensive documentation on using DDE and Excel in the RSLinx Online Help and in the RA Knowledgebase.