Panelview Plus 1250 "no touch" hand picture on screen

tomalbright

I didn't believe this one, but now I have it sitting on my desk. A panelview 1250 plus, which displays a hand in a "no" emblem after about a minute of being on. It's the screen - trying this with different 2711P modules didn't make a difference. The 2711P modules blink the "fault' light.

Any resolution for this? It'll probably go in for repair. Only 3 months of use, sad to say.

That icon usually shows up only momentarily when the PanelView is receiving touch inputs too fast (i.e. faster than about 1/5 second); it indicates "unsafe touch input". Put something large on top of a PV+ touchscreen unit and you'll see it. If it's showing up all the time there's been damage to the touchscreen.

Try putting the unit somewhere warm and dry for a day... I've seen this happen from condensation.

...Try putting the unit somewhere warm and dry for a day... I've seen this happen from condensation.

That reminds me of a strange occurrence with a PV+1000 CE. We had one on which the graphics went screwy, and the touch postiion was erratic. The graphics were upside down. After drying it out, the touch became stable. However, since the graphics were upside down, but the touch position wasn't, the cursor would appear to move to the opposite corners from where you touched.

We did not have a spare on hand, so the tech mounted the darn thing upside down in the enclosure and calibrated the touchscreen so that it would stil1 work! It was weird the way he calibrated it by hitting the opposite spot for each target.

They were able to use it for two days until our spare came back, but the graphics remained inverted, even after swapping the logic module from another one...

Last edited: