PanelView+1000, No touch.

JHenry540

Hi all,

I am totally new when it comes to anything with PLCs, so please excuse my ignorance.

We recently had our PanelView+ 1000 (2711p-RDT10C) (SER:B) screen go bad. It was mated to a Logic Module: 2711PCRP1 (SER:G).

We ordered a new panel and logic module. when the order arrived we installed it but the program was on the old module. we swapped our old module onto the new PV+ and fired it up. It instantly powered up with our program running. The problem is that after about 30 seconds an alert pops up on the screen, it shows a hand with a line through it. It also instantly shows a fault on logic module. I have tried plugging a mouse in, but it will not allow any input once it alarms.
Does anyone know what is wrong or what i did wrong?

Thanks, Jeremy

Hi all,

I am totally new when it comes to anything with PLCs, so please excuse my ignorance.

We recently had our PanelView+ 1000 (2711p-RDT10C) (SER:B) screen go bad. It was mated to a Logic Module: 2711PCRP1 (SER:G).

We ordered a new panel and logic module. when the order arrived we installed it but the program was on the old module. we swapped our old module onto the new PV+ and fired it up. It instantly powered up with our program running. The problem is that after about 30 seconds an alert pops up on the screen, it shows a hand with a line through it. It also instantly shows a fault on logic module. I have tried plugging a mouse in, but it will not allow any input once it alarms.
Does anyone know what is wrong or what i did wrong?

Thanks, Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I believe this is what you can try to do. First can you get to the PVP Configuration mode with your current setup? (new screen/old logic module)
If so, then go into your "Terminal Settings" then select "File Management" > "Copy Files" > "Copy Application".

From here you should see a Internal Storage and runtime application, the runtime application will have <filename.mer> listed. Now insert a USB memory stick into the PVP USB port and "External Storage 2" should become available.

Source is Internal Storage and Destination will be External Storage 2. Now select "Copy". You can verify the <filename.mer> is now saved to the USB stick by selecting Source to highlight External Storage 2.

After all of this is hopefully successful. Re-install you new PVP logic module back to the new PVP touch screen and repeat the above process but in reverse order for the Copy. Copy the USB memory stick <filename.mer> to the Internal Storage.

Back at the Configuration setup, now select "Load Application" select <filename.mer> then "Load". HMI will ask you if you want to replace current communication configuration with your applications configuration? Select "YES"

Now you should be ready to "Run Application"...

If this doesn't work I do have another option for you to try that would involve making a PVP <AutoRun.bat> file to recover your .mer file.

Last edited: