Kinetix 6000 and Sercos communication

pauly

I am having a problem connecting 6 axis of 2094-BM01 servo drives across two Sercos 1768-M04SE cards in a CompactLogix rack. I have replaced an existing 3 slot rack with a 6 slot rack and added 3 extra servo drives and a second Sercos card, the third servo drive on the original was not used so has been used in the new 6 slot rack.
The problem is that the green COMM LED's on the servo drives are flashing as are all three green LED's on the second Sercos card. I think I am right in thinking there are no addresses to set individually on the drives only the IAM module. I just can't seem to get Sercos communication to the drives (solid green COMM LED) Any ideas any body?
Another question I have is that the contactor enable relay on the IAM module is not closing. If ANY of the drives on a rack has a problem will this prevent this contact closing?
Tearing my hair out with this one ANY help greatly appreciated

I am having a problem connecting 6 axis of 2094-BM01 servo drives across two Sercos 1768-M04SE cards in a CompactLogix rack. I have replaced an existing 3 slot rack with a 6 slot rack and added 3 extra servo drives and a second Sercos card, the third servo drive on the original was not used so has been used in the new 6 slot rack.
The problem is that the green COMM LED's on the servo drives are flashing as are all three green LED's on the second Sercos card. I think I am right in thinking there are no addresses to set individually on the drives only the IAM module. I just can't seem to get Sercos communication to the drives (solid green COMM LED) Any ideas any body?
Another question I have is that the contactor enable relay on the IAM module is not closing. If ANY of the drives on a rack has a problem will this prevent this contact closing?
Tearing my hair out with this one ANY help greatly appreciated

Any yellow triangles?
Have you got the second sercos card in the correct slot? check the module property tabs for hints.

You have two fibre loops - One loop per card?

The IAM module sets the base address of the servo rack and hence the address of every slot on the servo rack.

When you power up the servos without SERCOS they provide their SERCOS address on the Display

Try a cut down program - one servo per SERCOS card/fibre loop and get that to work.

Add one servo at a time to the loop and build it up to your configuration

You can test the second loop on the first SERCOS card by playing with the IAM module address and the node numbers to check the fibre rings.

Just as an update, I now have all 6 servo drives at phase 4 and all comm led's solid green. I added the additional drives one at a time to the motion group and downloaded each time. I think the main issue was that the motors were not connected along with the feedback connections. The fact that the comms lights were not lit threw me as it didn't make any sense.