SLC500 MSG Error

mjp123gp

I've got an L553 processor communicating with another L552 processor over Ethernet. I created a new MSG on the L553 about a month ago to read data from the L552. Everything works and data is being passed but a few times a week, the instruction will stop working and error out. The Ethernet error code is "0xD1 - An invalid Internet address or host name was entered." To clear the fault, all I have to do is disable the rung then re-enable it and it works fine for a few days. This past week, we found that all I have to do is put the rung in edit mode, test, then append and it will start working again. I've searched through the AB knowledge base but can't find any info about this issue.

Anyone seen similar or have any other ideas?

Do a cross-reference on the 51-word message control block to be sure that there's nothing being written to it and corrupting the message configuration.

Does the controller have an HMI or anything else that is having communication problems as well ? I'm wondering if there has been something added to the network with a duplicate IP address.

There is an HMI connected to the processor on the same ethernet network but it doesn't have any issues. I'm wondering if the issue may be more related to the L552 because none of the other messages in the L553 program are getting the errors. There's also an HMI connected to the L552 and it does not have any problems.