L18ERM IP adress keeps resetting

dwoodlock

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am working with this controller and a servo drive on an application. I keep having this strange issue where when I power cycle it, I will have to use the BOOTDHCP utility to reassign the IP address. The logic seems to stay, but the IP address does not.

Anyone able to give me some tips or pointers with this PITA?

Thank ya

update:

I figured it out, had to change the configuration in RSLINX to "Manually set" instead of either of the 2 automatic options. Wasn't aware this configuration had to be done in linx, my mind has become too "siemens'ized" at this point I guess.

Raise your hand if you've forgotten to disable BOOTP/DHCP !

See ? Everybody does it.

It's been part of my commissioning checklist for years, and *still* I forget sometimes.

Let me tell you all about the IP configuration data assembly overwrite feature in Festo CPX terminals sometime....