Studio5000 doesn't recognized any hardware device

pembuk

Hi guys,
I'm a little confused. My software was running very well by the last months. But yesterday I've tried to connect to one of the system and noticed that every single device browsed by RSWho is marked with yellow question mark and has comment as unrecognized device. I restored RSLinx and it looks to be fine, I can see any device correctly but just when I stard browsing with RSWho every device changing to unrecognaized. Has anyone had such a problem and can advice me what to do?

I also reinstalled my studio (not completly, only last rev) and it still doesn't work.
I've also deleted harmony file.

Regrads,
Przemek

Hi guys,
I'm a little confused. My software was running very well by the last months. But yesterday I've tried to connect to one of the system and noticed that every single device browsed by RSWho is marked with yellow question mark and has comment as unrecognized device. I restored RSLinx and it looks to be fine, I can see any device correctly but just when I stard browsing with RSWho every device changing to unrecognaized. Has anyone had such a problem and can advice me what to do?

I also reinstalled my studio (not completly, only last rev) and it still doesn't work.
I've also deleted harmony file.

Regrads,
Przemek

Re-install the latest RSLinx. It sounds like your EDS database is corrupt. Not sure how that would get corrupted, but as I understand it, RSLinx is the package that identifies everything while you are browsing

Hi,

RsLinx has been allready re-installed. The funniest thing is that in RsLinx everything is working correctly, only Studio has some problem with RsWho. I tried to scan the net by RSlogix5000 and it's working fine.

It means that it's only Studio problem.

When you say "studio", do you mean Studio 5000 Logix Designer, for editing the ControlLogix programs ?

Or do you mean FactoryTalk View Studio, which using RSLinx Enterprise software for communicating with controllers (not RSLinx Classic).

What versions of each software are you running ?

You're correct that this is not normal. Usually if the RSLinx -> RSWho browse can identify network devices, then the version of it that is launched from within Studio 5000 can also function correctly.

Hi Ken,

Yes, Studio means Studio5000. I've several version of this software (24,28,30) installed. It seems that RsWho in Studio5000 doesn't work correctly for all them. Even when I tried to open project from upload just after run Studio5000.

I have RsLinx ver 3.91.

There go my best guesses !

I suppose the only thing to do is to narrow down what launch context gives you a session of RSWho with identification problems.