Wonderware Historian + InTouch display issues

OllieWallie

I have installed a Wonderware Historian 9 + IS3 + InTouch10, 5000 tag system.

It connects to 2 DCS OPC Servers and 1 RSLinx Gateway using FSGateway 2.0 on those machines.

The DCS works fine. The PLC Data works also well. Everything gets collected properly on the Historian.

However I am creating graphics on InTouch using the IO server from the Historian to populate the screen. And it appears that all integer values from PLC (properly collected) are not displaying anything after the decimal point.

For instance
Height01 is a integer from 0-999 on the PLC, and it gets collected on the Historian (its range is 0 - 9.99 inches).
Let's say Height01 is 135 on the PLC, it gets collected as 1.35 on the Historian but when I use #.## in Intouch it shows only 1.00.

Anybody experienced the same issue?:(

In the tag you are using in Intouch itself, how is the scaling done? In the case you gave, you should have a Max Raw of 999, and a Max EU of 9.99. Are you using a plain label to display the value or are you using an Archestra graphic?

What is the datatype for your tag in InTouch? If it is integer, you will not see floating point precision. You would need to change it to a REAL type. I assume you are scaling the value in Historian to go from an integer raw value to a floating point value? You will need to apply the same scaling to your InTouch tag as well.

Not sure if this is the answer you're looking for.