Windows 10 IoT Developer

xC0MMAND0x

***NOT FOR PRODUCTION USE***

See disclaimer up top. All of this stuff isn't for production use, but for the home automater / Internet Of Things (IoT) world, this is pretty cool stuff.

If you haven't joined the developer program check it out. Here's an email I received today - I think I hyperlinked everything properly.

====
We’re really excited to let you know that now you can download Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview, with support for Raspberry Pi 2. Windows 10 IoT Core is a new Windows 10 edition for low-cost, small-footprint devices that is available free for Makers. Learn more at Windows on Devices.

We’re also excited to announce our partnership with Arduino, making Windows 10 the world’s first Arduino-certified operating system. Learn more about Windows Remote Arduino and Windows Virtual Shields for Arduino and get started here.

You’re learning about the availability of Windows 10 IoT Core Insider preview and the Arduino partnership because you signed up for the Windows for IoT Developer Program. This release is an Insider Preview, so you’ll notice some rough edges and may notice that there are some missing drivers or bugs. We’d like your feedback on what you find so we can prioritize our development work, and get the features you need most incorporated quickly. Your feedback will inform all the regular updates we make, which will include additional drivers, bug fixes, and new features. The plan is to get everything in place for a commercial-quality release for general availability this summer; we need your feedback and thoughts to get that absolutely right!

You’ll find some projects that we have put together as inspiration to help you get started with your own Raspberry Pi 2 and Arduino projects. We encourage you to share what you make through this site, and keep watching out for new exciting projects from us and from other members of the community!

We can’t wait to see what you’ll make!

Windows 10 IoT Core Team

I have been keeping an eye on Windows 10 for the Raspberry Pi. I hope to get AdvancedHMI capable of running on that setup. It will give another option to making the Pi work as an HMI. Currently AdvancedHMI will run on the Pi with Linux after Mono is installed.

Yes, Archie - I thought your system could be a great fit for the Windows 10 on Raspberry PI!

I know mono in Linux works - but any time you can eliminate layers and render runtime in a more native environment I think that's good.