FactoryTalk View Studio - Multistate PB

jrsnydley

Hello everyone,

I am developing an HMI application. In this application, I have a handful of multistate pushbuttons that control various pieces of equipment. Most of them are a Hand-Off-Auto setup. What I am wondering is if there is a way to set these up so that if they are in a running state (hand or auto) and they are pressed, can they return to the off state. For example, I may want to run a conveyor in hand and then shut it off rather than go from Off to Hand to Auto and then back to Off. Instead it would go Hand to Off, Auto to Off...etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I don't use the multistate switches for that (and other) reasons.
I use one PB to toggle between Hand and Auto, and then, if in hand, have another button to toggle Run/Stop. When switching back to Auto, the hand run/stop is reset.

I have used the interlock buttons to create a 3 position switch. I made a DINT Tag and used the interlock PB's to write values to the tag. I set mine to write 0,45,90. Then use animation on a switch image to rotate switch. I used an EQU instruction in the PLC to set my bits for each condition. In the RSView Enterprise Folder there is an Image folder that contains SW3.bmp that is the one I use. see attached

3pos_SS.jpg 3posAnimation_SS.jpg

Attachments

• SW3.BMP
    9 KB · Views: 105
Omron 3-position

This was a Hand-Off-Auto switch I did on an Omron NS screen.

One switch graphic switches between centre and right; the other between centre and left.

There are three vertical stripes under the graphic - behind ON, OFF, and AUTO - that SET and RESET the modes as required. On this HMI each pushbutton can control multiple bits, but it could just as easily drive some logic to change the modes in the ladder.

There is also a Visibility on each switch display, to hide the OFF display condition whilst the other switch is active.

3pos1.PNG 3pos-exploded.PNG OFF.PNG AUTO.PNG ON.PNG

Last edited: