Wonderware Intouch 9.5.100 Dumping Tags

Grendizer

Hey All,

Is there a way of dumping tags associated to a specific screen? For example, I have screens x, y and Z and I want to dump ONLY the tags associated with screen x.

Thanks,

I think the simple answer is no.

One way see all the tags used on the screen x is to edit->select all and then right click on any selected object and choose to change tags. It will bring up a listing of all tags (I think it shows 10 at a time??)

If you truly want a "dump", you could create a new WW app and import screen x from your original app to the new app. I think you need to verify all the imported tags (maybe edit-> select all, then right click and change tags, accept all tags - something like that). Anyway, since it is a new app with only screen x, dumping all the tags would then show you the tags used on screen x.

In window maker you can print a list of tags used on a screen to a text file then use some Excel VBA magic to pare the dumped tag database list down. This is not an easy one step method but it's the only way I've found after doing this for many years. I often have to do what you're asking for when transferring a handful of windows from one application to another. Kekrahulik's method is used by many and is a lot faster if you're not going to be doing this much in the future. Creating and troubleshooting the VBA code up front will take a lot of time.

@ kekrahulik, I see what you're saying. I'll try that.
@ gmferg, I was thinking exactly the same. One little issue with that method is that it takes a while for printing a screen. It is tedious process when you have many screens :(

Oh well, I will combine both of your ideas to come up with something.

Thank you guys for the help,