FactoryTalk View SE with Proficy Historian

Gman22

Hi Everyone,

I have an application where I need to collect data using GE's Proficy(formally Intellusion's) Historian. Now I have to connect to a FactoryTalk View SE HMI. Has anyone done this before? I know OPC will be involved here, what OPC product would you recommend? I have a KepServer Enterprise CD (Ver 4.5 & Ver 5.3) that came with the FactoryTalk software. Is this the OPC server I would install on the FactoryTalk View box (server/workstation) or a separate box?

Thanks.

FTView SE and GE's Proficy(formally Intellusion's) Historian

Hi Im facing to the same problem. Have you found any solution to connect FTView SE and GE's Proficy(formally Intellusion's) Historian.

Be careful about the KEP servwr which you received. There are two types of KEP servers:
1) Customized KEP server developed for Rockwell - it is not full version , there is not implemented all functionality.
2) KEP server which you can download from KEPware pages. In my project Im using the second KEP server and Im 100% satisfied.

Hi Everyone,

I have an application where I need to collect data using GE's Proficy(formally Intellusion's) Historian. Now I have to connect to a FactoryTalk View SE HMI. Has anyone done this before? I know OPC will be involved here, what OPC product would you recommend? I have a KepServer Enterprise CD (Ver 4.5 & Ver 5.3) that came with the FactoryTalk software. Is this the OPC server I would install on the FactoryTalk View box (server/workstation) or a separate box?

Thanks.