Control Logix RS-232 card?

doug2

I need a RS-232 port to send ascii strings to a computer. We don't want to tie up the comm port on the processor. I know the SLC had a BAS module. Is there a simular module for CLX?

Check out 1756-MVID.

Depending on what you wish to do, and what you are communicating with, you may be able to do something through the 1756-ENBT or 1756-EWEB.

There are other vendors of specialty modules for the ControlLogix platform.

Thanks guys. These look good.

I simply need to send weights from the clx to a computer running a c++ application that will print the tags.

Has anyone used the rtautomation module yet?

I haven't used the above unit, I have used Digi, and I have used the Prosoft module. The prosoft module is probably the easiest, but the converters are cheaper even when you factor in the time spent messing with them.