Rockwell Software - moving activation to dongle

One more question. In the activation manager product list I see RSLogix 500, FT View Studio, and RSLogix Architect.

RSLogix 5000 is not listed, am I correct in assuming that it's part of the RSLogix Architect?

thanks

When you Rehost, only RSArchitect shows, that transfers both the RSArchitect and the RS5000 lisc's together.

FYI, you might be able to get away with using a usb-ethernet adaptor instead of an AB dongle. Tie the license to the usb-ethernet adaptor ID, copy the license files to the computers that will use it.

Cheaper and gives you a dedicated network interface.

I know this is an old thread but I was thinking about doing something like this. Does anyone have more details on how to do this?

Ideally I want to use a thumb drive or something else cheap and portable instead of a Rockwell dongle. I want to move an activation from an old computer onto the thumb drive etc. I don't have an extra official Rockwell dongle.

Thumb drive wont work, it has to be something serialized that the licensing can lock on to. Like a USB NIC for example. I've only use the dongle as I don't need the hassle of AB changing their minds and deciding that this USB device is no longer secure enough/

Factory Talk licenses can not be put on thumb drives. It has to go on a HASP license dongle, which -Dongle2 does have a small flash drive included on it. Cost me $170 plus incoming shipping at 3 years ago prices.

The older EVRSI based licenses can be put on thumb drives if you use EVMoveCF instead of EVMoveW