SoMachine vs SoMachine Basic

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
I downloaded SoMachine Basic, I'm looking to maybe use an M241 in an upcoming project.

It seems that the basic vs, doesn't offer Tag based memory or at least automatic allocation. It also doesn't seem to offer Structured Text.

Does the Full version of SoMachine offer this? Also what else does it offer that the basic version doesn't?

SoMachine is built on Codesys 3 right? Does it offer C++ function blocks, as Codesys does?

and last how much does a license cost?

Somachine basic is used for m221. Forget about if you intend to use m241.
SoMachine Central as it's called is Codesys and offers almost all the features of Codesys. It definitely offers tag based memory and really powerful ST editor.
I don't think that Codesys offers C++ function blocks to end users. It must be available only to Plc manufacturers but I'm not sure. Why would you need it?

You can try to download it as it works for 21 days for free without lisence with all the features available. Then I guess you can roll back your virtual machine image and install it again for another 21 days of free use.

No idea how much the license would cost in US.

Try it first and then decide if it good enough for your project or not.
SoMachine 4.3 is the latest version.

Last edited: