Set/reset or toggle function

The second JMP is not necessary.

That might be a carry-over from learning on another platform.

I'm not sure if it was Omron as the OP learned on, but there was one that a Label would only be gone to if there was a Jump to it.

In that example if the second Jump wasn't there the rung with the Label would be skipped because it wasn't called.

The only way around was put LBL----NOP, then the OTU on the next rung.

That might be a carry-over from learning on another platform.

I'm not sure if it was Omron as the OP learned on, but there was one that a Label would only be gone to if there was a Jump to it.

In that example if the second Jump wasn't there the rung with the Label would be skipped because it wasn't called.

The only way around was put LBL----NOP, then the OTU on the next rung.

Wow, I stand corrected.

Is there no end to the minutiae of this industry?

Wow, I stand corrected!

It probably was Omron because they have a couple of weird things in their program.

You can NOT program a one shot check input - you have to write to an output similar to an ONS, then when you XIC that bit the program places the one shot icon --|^|--. I looked for that instruction for a couple hours before having to go online and learn that.

Also their First-Run bit is something like bit M63158, and on that range is the rest of the system bits, but no descriptions attached like RSLogix does with S:2 bits.

anyway, monkey business like those JMPs is why the 2x2 XOR construction seems so much better to me. Or even this:
jmp.png

Hey you guys - Omron is the easiest of the lot to achieve this. The up arrow in the contact is a DIFU - leading edge trigger. KEEP is set/reset. Just struggling with it in Emerson (GE) at the moment - obviously scans differently.

Pump flip flop.JPG

Last edited:
At one time I said that this site has probably helped in increasing production by billions of dollars. However, what I have come to know is that once a thread moves off the front page is it lost to most people. This is sad.
I have seen the same topics get asked over and over again. Usually the answers provided 20 years ago still apply.

Look at the date I joined this forum. What most of you don't know is that there were at least two different versions of PLCs.net for this one. I first found PLCs.net in 1999. I have seen many people come and go. I have seen the same topics get raised over and over and over and over again.

I don't know everything one thing I do is assume that someone has had the same question before me. That is the case over 90% of the time.

What gets me is how so many think they are the first to have a particular problem. This is also why I get a little cranky or reluctant to answer when someone has a problem and they don't give us complete information. Usually it has all been done before.

..... However, what I have come to know is that once a thread moves off the front page is it lost to most people...

LAWS OF GOOGLE:
1. If it isn't on Page 1 it doesn't exist.

EDIT: Know how if you search for Pizza it shows 1.8 billion results in 0.63 seconds? Try to go to page 50 of the results. Somewhere around page 38 the results count suddenly drops to under 380 and that page isn't full. Same for all other Google searches.

EDIT2: Just had to prove the above to someone who thought it was BS. "2.25 billion results in 0.70 seconds." Even re-searching clicking on the don't omit what might be duplicates the search results stop on page 20 showing: Page 20 of about 392 results (1.82 seconds) Even page 19 shows 2.25 billion.

So 2,250,000,000 * 1 = 392

Last edited: