Ignition tag problem

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!
I'm going to use Ignition maker for a home project and have started to play around a little bit. I've sucessfully access my s7-1200 and can manipulate a tag using toggle switch from the designer. But when I launch the project on the browser and use the "toggle switch" it doesn't change. I have to check the "bidirectional" option, but doing this there is a green rectangle that popsup around the switch confirming that it has changed. How do I get rid of this, or what am I doiung wrong. Surely it's something small :)

From what I understand bidirectional will be to send/read data from the same tag in the PLC so that part sounds correct.
Have you looked at the Style customizer? It might have a place to edit the border color/visibility.

Inductive does have some fairly good resources if you have not checked already. https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/

@Puddle Ignition connects with PLCs with TCP/IP or UDP type connections (maybe more)

From what I understand bidirectional will be to send/read data from the same tag in the PLC so that part sounds correct.
Have you looked at the Style customizer? It might have a place to edit the border color/visibility.

Inductive does have some fairly good resources if you have not checked already. https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/

@Puddle Ignition connects with PLCs with TCP/IP or UDP type connections (maybe more)

Thanks I'll look into that!

I have a similar setup at home - an S7-1200 out in the garage to control lights/doors/heat/etc, and Ignition Maker Edition running on a Raspberry Pi.

Here's the full setup of a single button used to open the garage door.
When you click the button, it will be highlighted briefly with the 'green bi-directional rectangle' you mention in your post. This highlighting will disappear when the transaction completes.

PLC Device Setup
attachment.php

Open Button
attachment.php

Button Tag Binding
attachment.php

Tag Binding Details
attachment.php

Tag Config
attachment.php

plc-device-setup.png open-button.png button-tag-binding.png button-tag-binding-config.png tag-config.png

Last edited:
I have a similar setup at home - an S7-1200 out in the garage to control lights/doors/heat/etc, and Ignition Maker Edition running on a Raspberry Pi.

Here's the full setup of a single button used to open the garage door.
When you click the button, it will be highlighted briefly with the 'green bi-directional rectangle' you mention in your post. This highlighting will disappear when the transaction completes.

PLC Device Setup
attachment.php

Open Button
attachment.php

Button Tag Binding
attachment.php

Tag Binding Details
attachment.php

Tag Config
attachment.php

Ah, ok so I've got it right. It just felt stupid to me that the green highlighting was there... But it's normal, who am I to complain