Quick-Designer 3.7 Software

alive15

Hello, I have an old Total Control Quickpanel on a machine. Our old laptop went out and I'm looking for the Quickdesigner 3.7 software. Does anyone know where I can download from or what the new version might be?

Thanks,

At my last location, we used to use v3.7 and kept it inside a Windows XP Virtual Machine on a Windows XP host. That worked most of the time but communications got flakier when the host was Windows 7. I have no idea how reliable it would be on a Windows 10 host; probably a lot worse. We ended up going to ebay for a few old Dell Windows XP laptops for this and the older PLC2/SLC150 programs. We removed the network adapters to keep the maintenance guys from "accidentally" connecting them to the network and causing trouble (they wouldn't stay disabled...).

Appreciate the help, I have a Windows Vista laptop, so I will work on creating a Windows XP VM. This will be a first, so does anyone recommend any software I can use to achieve this?

Thanks,

If VirtualBox has a licensing option that's free for commercial use, I'd go that way for this. I had it installed on my laptop experimentally at my last place and IT's software audit flagged it as not properly licensed, so be aware of the licensing terms. I thought my use was legal, and our IT audit may have been mistaken, but I still had to uninstall it. If you want to use it for current Rockwell software, I would recommend VMWare since that's officially supported. A single license for Workstation Player isn't all that expensive.