Help with DirectLogic06

RhettN98

The company I work for has received a fixture to test electronics. I am fairly new to PLC's and this is my first time working with DirectLogic and DirectSoft6. The company supplied a zip file of the correct program and I believe I successfully uploaded it, yet it still doesn't seem to be working properly. The program on DirectSoft6 shows to be running as intended. Are there any visual indicators on the DL06 that indicates it is working as it should?

The run light is lit up. I've noticed in some of the videos that I have watched that the X and Y lights that indicate the input and output terminals also are lit up. Do those lights indicate if the PLC is acknowledging the inputs and outputs that it is seeing?

Your best action is to contact the maker of the fixture and discuss your observations with them. They may ask that you connect your computer with DirectSoft6 to the PLC to view register contents,

To answer one part of your question, if the PLC is in run & seems ok but what ever it is supposed to be doing it is not then it probably is just some input is not made when it should, or there is a sort of bug in the program look at a previous post regarding a oneshot that stays active. as stated, the only way is to try & trace the logic on-line to see what is holding it up.

The run light is lit up. I've noticed in some of the videos that I have watched that the X and Y lights that indicate the input and output terminals also are lit up. Do those lights indicate if the PLC is acknowledging the inputs and outputs that it is seeing?

If the PLC is in run and working then the input lights will tell you that there is power on that input and the output light should be on when the logic is correct and puts "power" on that output.