SLC 505 ethernet code sample for pwerflex drives.

mmiles

Could someone please help me with a code snippet of SLC505 ethernet communication with powerflex 70 and 40 drives. Have done this with rsview 5000 but bot 500. Help

There is some example code on the MrPLC website.

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=759

No matter how much you want it to be, or how good it looks on paper, the SLC/MicroLogix controllers are not EtherNet/IP scanners like the ControlLogix.

I wrote that example code because a customer had specifically ignored my recommendation and installed his drives with only Ethernet to command them.

Again: EtherNet/IP is not the preferred control mechanism for AC drives from SLC or MicroLogix platforms. DeviceNet and hard-wiring are the preferred connections from SLC and MicroLogix controllers.