Simatic HMI Comfort series

MALRDG

How can I interface data between a Simatic HMI COMFORT series HMI (such as a KTP400 Comfort panel) and an S7300-315 CPU?
It seems the comfort series can directly access tags/data between an S71200 but not with S7300.
Does it make any difference if the HMI is configured with WinCC comfort TIA or with WinCC Flexible?

Any hands-on experience tips would be appreciated (y)

All the comfort series panels can connect to S7-300 series PLCs.
All the comfort series panels can only be programmed with TIA (WinCC v11).

If you need comfort panel and S7-300 PLC to be integrated into the same project, you have to program both with TIA (STEP7 v11 and WinCC v11).
If you program the S7-300 with STEP7 v5.5 then you have to setup the connection manually, and create all tags manually.

edit: You are sure it is a comfort panel, and not a compact panel ? What type no ?

I mean to ask:

You are sure it is a comfort panel, and not a basic panel ? What type no ?

The KTP400 Mono PN (6AG1647-0AA11-2AX0 or 6AV6647-0AA11-3AX0) can be programmed with WinCC Flexible 2008.

The panel is a basic panel KTP400 BASIC COLOR PN.
The plan is to configure the HMI using WinCC Basic – TIA V12 (which is part of the STEP7 BASIC V12 package).
The interface to the S7300 system (which will remain STEP7 V5.5) will be via Profinet.
As I cannot directly integrate the KTP400 into the S7300 project within the V5.5 software I will need to manual interface as you have suggested.
I will need to transfer a small amount of basic data such as a few control bits and some variable integers.
Do you have a link to an example project or blocks for manual integration and programming? Is data transferred via PIW-PQW etc?

To setup a few tags manually is trivial. It will be ok.
PIW and PQW are never used directly for a HMI to access data. You can access the normal input and outpus, merkers, and data blocks.
No I dont have links to examples. You have to find them yourself.

I am curious about the KP400 basic Color PN (you are using the KTP400 which has a touch screen and a few buttons instead of a full keyboard. Apart from that they are the same).
I would like to know how good the screen is and how fast the panel is when changing screens for example).

is 400 basic color a new product ?
On my list a color 400 is a comfort and the basic is monochrome????

A basic panel could be programmed with wincc 2008 integrated with step7 5.5 if you have the wincc software

If you don't, you can create a tia project integrating plc and hmi that would be the best option
But if you are stuck with an older plc not supported by tia, you could create a tia project for the hmi and use a dummy similar but newer plc just to create the connection link between hmi and plc and mannually create your tags to be used...No communicaiton bloc at all but just create them and it will work just fine

There are two KP400's with different catalog numbers:
KP400 Basic Colour - 6AV6647-0AJ11-3AX0
KP400 Comfort Colour - 6AV2124-1DC01-0AX0

I am using the KPT400 Basic color PN – 6AV6 647-0AK11-3AX0
It is a nice little panel with 4 function buttons and touch screen and yes the colours and resolution are quite good and no problem with update or reaction speed.

I am considering the KP400 color PN version.
I think it is fantastic to have a panel with full keyboard, PN connection, bright color screen with a reasonable resolution, at a list price about 340 €.

I have used the TP177B-4 in the past. Similar button and touch screen as the KTP400 and I found the panel to be fine but the screen too small for operating via the touch. For a few simple buttons it is OK. But when you have to open up the onscreen keyboard it gets awfully fiddly. A proper keyboard as on the KP400 is much better IMHO.

I was worried about the responsiveness, as previous 'compact' panels havent been great in this regard. But I think the KP400/KTP400 color PN belongs to a new generation with more CPU power.

is 400 basic color a new product ?
On my list a color 400 is a comfort and the basic is monochrome????
Yes it is relatively new.

There are these KP/KTP400 variants now.
KTP400 basic mono PN (6AV6647-0AA11-3AX0)
KP400 basic color PN (6AV6647-0AJ11-3AX0) New !
KTP400 basic color PN (6AV6647-0AK11-3AX0) New !
KP400 comfort (6AV2124-1DC01-0AX0)
KTP400 comfort (6AV2124-2DC01-0AX0)

And there is still this one which can be programme with WinCC Flexible:
TP177B-4 (6AV6642-0BD01-3AX0)

thanks Jesper, i will give a try to the basic color as the monochrome first one (400 and 600) was giving line on background around item corner if you increase contrast to see better.

I've been using the KTP400 basic color PN (6AV6647-0AK11-3AX0) and they are pretty good.
These panels are much more responsive than the OP77A.

The panel is a basic panel KTP400 BASIC COLOR PN.
The plan is to configure the HMI using WinCC Basic – TIA V12 (which is part of the STEP7 BASIC V12 package).
The interface to the S7300 system (which will remain STEP7 V5.5) will be via Profinet.
As I cannot directly integrate the KTP400 into the S7300 project within the V5.5 software I will need to manual interface as you have suggested.
I will need to transfer a small amount of basic data such as a few control bits and some variable integers.
Do you have a link to an example project or blocks for manual integration and programming? Is data transferred via PIW-PQW etc?

Hi guys,

I have been following this useful forum for a couple of years now and learned a lot - thanks.

I am now facing the same problem as MALRDG, apart from my HMI being a KP1500 Comfort panel.
Did you solve this, and how if so?

The only documents I have found describes the migration part and how to transfer the tag list from STEP7 5.5 -> WinCC TIA.
(https://support.automation.siemens....lib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=73502293&caller=view)

To be specific, I am looking for info on the necessary configuration concerning e.g. Profinet Device Name and connection setup needed in STEP7 5.5 HWConfig, NetPro and TIA etc.

Ohl

It is obviously not neccessary to configure the HMI in the STEP7 V5.5 HW Config, nor in NetPro. The HMI communication is different from that of IO-nodes and STEP7 doesn´t need to know if there is a panel or not.

From Siemens support I got the information that the only case when an operator panel is configured in the HW Config is if you want to assign physical buttons on the HMI directly to PLC inputs.