You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old January 25th, 2023, 03:26 PM   #1
Karinrinkashi
United States

Unhappy Connecting L32 to Plant Network

Hello everyone,

We have an L32 processor on 192.168.1.x subnet and our corporate is now asking us to connect all our machines to their network because they are working on a visualization software for machine performance. All of the other processors that we have are equipped with dual IP except for this one machine which has the older L32 processor which I mentioned above.

The corporate network is on 10.74.193.xxx subnet. I tried using the stratix switch VLAN routing but I could not get the corporate to see the PLC. The corporate is using a CISCO 900 switch on their end where the machine will connect to and they established a Vlan 300 on that switch with a specific port for this machine (again, subnet is 10.74.193.xxx).

Again, the devices at my disposal are the stratix switches and also I have a MOXA 102 NAT device.

Has anyone been able to achieve this and what device did they use? Any technical help will also be much appreciated.

regards,

Karinrinkashi
Old January 25th, 2023, 05:09 PM   #2
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

That Moxa NAT-102 should work very nicely for this purpose.

I can't give you step-by-step directions for setting it up for 1:1 NAT, but can mention that TCP Port 44818 is used by Rockwell Automation for unscheduled communication with ControlLogix / CompactLogix, so you definitely need to allow that port number.
Old January 25th, 2023, 05:37 PM   #3
Karinrinkashi
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Roach View Post
That Moxa NAT-102 should work very nicely for this purpose.

I can't give you step-by-step directions for setting it up for 1:1 NAT, but can mention that TCP Port 44818 is used by Rockwell Automation for unscheduled communication with ControlLogix / CompactLogix, so you definitely need to allow that port number.
Thank you for the reply. I have setup the 1:1 NAT but the communication was still not working. Maybe that port is the key! Thank you for the direction.

If anyone else has any suggestions, please do post.
Old January 25th, 2023, 06:12 PM   #4
dmroeder
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

One common misstep with setting up NAT is assigning a gateway address to your L32E, which would be the local IP address of your NAT.

For example, if you NAT has an IP address of 192.168.1.254, you need to assign your PLC's gateway address to 192.168.1.254.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum