How to get an alarm to show in the Alarm and Event Banner

bishoposiris

I'm running FactoryTalk View Studio SE v 9.00 and Studio 5000 Design v 28. I need to know how to make an ALMD tag (picture ALMD) show as an alarm on the HMI in the Alarm and Event Banner object (picture Alarm and Event Banner).

ALMD.jpg Alarm and Event Banner.jpg

Here are the ALMD Properties (picture ALMD Properties). So when the tag is high I need the text: "The left hot plate temperature upper alarm" to be displayed in the banner. Not sure if I made that clear in the first post. Sorry.

ALMD Properties.jpg

I figured out how to make this work. You have to add an Alarm and Event Server. Right click the application -> Add New Server -> Tag Alarm and Event Server (see AnE Server). In Tag Alarm and Event Server Properties give the server a name (see AnE Properties). In the Alarm and Event Setup (see AnE Setup) click the New icon in the upper left hand corner. This will bring up the Alarm Properties dialog box. Enter the information (see Alarm Properties) and click OK. When your alarm is high you should see it in your banner

AnE Server.jpg AnE Properties.jpg AnE Setup.jpg Alarm Properties.jpg