Panelview 1000e configuration upload problem

nimodo

Hi I have a big problem ,I wanted to upload an application from pv1000e to a laptop because we did not have the program, so I changed to config with the key in the back,my question is changing to config, while running to upload the program would screw up the process? like sending the default values to the plc? or sending wrong commands to plc? there was a damage to equipment but I said just switching the key it would not create problem by the way I never conected to the pv1000e because port configuration problems so again my question would be; just switching the key in the back to config and later to run would stop the app in the plc from running ?normal thanks I really need answer.

Run-On Sentences Make Me Grumpy

The PanelView 1000e's behavior when the keyswitch goes from PROG to RUN depends on some software settings as well as the communication type used by the PanelView.

With a RIO or ControlNet scheduled application, the default is to write the Initial Values after powerup or new project selection, but to write the Last State values when going from CONFIG to RUN mode.

With a DH+ or ControlNet unscheduled application, the default is to write the Initial Values after powerup or new project selection, but the terminal does NOT write any values when going from CONFIG to RUN mode.

It's important that you read and understand this part of the user manual if you are investigating damage to your machine. It starts at page 5-26 of this manual:

http://www.ab.com/manuals/eoi/pdf/2711E-617.pdf

But it's not possible that switching a PanelView to CONFIG mode will cause a PLC to stop executing it's program.

By default, the PanelView is set to do the least intrusive thing when all you do is go from Configure to RUN. The terminal will write the Last State values on a scheduled communication link, and will not write any values on an unscheduled communication link.

Because these actions are configurable, you're going to have to figure out how it's set up.

If you have a network interface, you can upload the current application in the PanelView 1000e without going to Configuration Mode. You must go to Configuration Mode if you're going to do a serial upload.

thanks for the answer Ilooked into the config and found out it is on default to initial values instead of last state value,anyway found out the problem mechanical it was a bearing. Now my other question is why I cannot connect to the panelview tru serial I have the settings the same,baud crc etc. on both., rslinx off at the time of connection so it wont be using any serial com, I read in another thread I have to change the serial for the printer to (I forgot the letters,DTC to DRC somethinglike that) use with the laptop,I looked already in the hole config panel and found the printer screen but not how to eliminate it from the serial port this panelview is the 10t6 version I think it says that, I forgot at this time, for the 1000e, so if anybody(Ken) can help please I cannot find the way, thaks a lot ,what am I missing? cable ok,error 4209 and 0x80000002 like that

I knew you were mexican by adoption I like that and by the way I guess nobody can tell me how to do this I read the whole manual and cannot find the answer I must be dreaming zu

Nimodo, please try to be more clear with the language and format of your posts. I am becoming frustrated trying to decipher your writing.

There is a whole user manual dedicated to the use of the PanelView 1400e/1000e Transfer Utility:

http://www.ab.com/manuals/eoi/pdf/2711e-um003b-en-p.pdf

When you can post actual settings from your software and your terminal, and prove that your RS232 cable is in fact appropriate for the application, then MAYBE somebody on this Forum will be able to help you figure out which of the handful of variables in your particular situation are causing your trouble.

The error code you report is usually caused by having the wrong serial cable.

Right now you're a blown CRT tube away from losing the application file forever, so you might want to bring in someone from A-B or one of their dealers who has the tools to do this right the first time.

Last edited:
thanks thats my problem nobody understand my sintaxis of my writing ,sometimes not even myself. thanks and I read the manual must be the cable I am using ,it works with rslogix 500 on slc's , so for the panelview I guess is another serial cable configuration of the pins

Last edited:
e e cummings automation

SLC-500's and computers both have "DTE" type RS-232 ports, so you use a null modem cable to cross the Transmit and Receive pins between them.

For reasons lost in the mists of time, PanelView Standard and PanelView "e" terminals have "DCE" type RS-232 ports, so you use a straight-through RS232 cable to connect them to a computer.

There is a pinout of the upload/download cable for a PanelView 1000e terminal on page 2-11 of the hardware User Manual (2711E-821 is the publication number on mine).

Last edited:
help for the handicapped

Nimodo,

After extensive thought and labor I figured out what you need is a null modem cable, which is not the same cable that you use between your SLC and your PC.

Amigos forever, gs

Actually, Gary, it's the exact opposite.

Computer and SLC both have DTE ports, so you use a Null Modem cable between them.

Computer and PV1000e have DTE and DCE ports, respectively, so you use a straight-through cable between them.

Previously I have given the precise page of the exact manual on which our friend nimodo can find the correct pinout for his application.

thanks ken you were right was the cable, I got it now ,I tried 2 diferent cables and left out the one I needed ,again thanks for the time and answers some day if I keep coming often to bother , you will understand me also, for Gary took it a little while but now he talks just like me hehehhe bye