Omron remote I/O issue

andepand

Hi all,

I’m having some problems regarding a digital input from a remote ethernet coupler input.

My setup contais an Omron CJ2M cpu33, a switch, an Omron NS5 HMI (also ethernet) and 10 Wago Ethernet/IP couplers, all of which have 2 digital in- and 2 digital output cards.

Every machine cycle all couplers recieve an input from a regulair proximity switch, this signal is high for about half a second and switches at a frequency of about every 2 seconds.

Despite the fact there’s no high speed stuff going on here, the pulses are not processed properly. Monitoring my program I can see that the inputs are skipped and somtimes are not processed even for several machine cycles.

Is my network too slow, can it be a scan time issue, or something else.

I’ve come a long way building this system but I’m still fairly new to plc programming.

Hope someone has a suggestion.

Best regards,

Andy

I’m not quite familiar with Wireshark.
But all nodes have a unique IP adress, within the 192.168.250. ... range.

Can there be anything else wrong with it?

Sure there could be other problems. Wireshark is your best bet to find any of them. I recommend you download it. It's free. IIRC you might need to download an add-on for it for Ethernet IP

Does the outputs work as they should? Can you set them high and low continusly and fast? This way you could test if the network and setup is working maybe?

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll try both tomorrow!
Checked Wireshark, looks like a must have.

For the record, is it also worth the effort to change the scan time, in case of the event that my data adress becomes high in mid scan?

Last edited:
Could you maybe tell me what I should look for in Wireshark?
From what I can see all nodes use the same amount of data, no peaks anywhere.

Look for anything red, black, or other colors. This will indicate any conflicts. Filter the data by IP address, look for any patterns emerging from any one of the nodes. Are they each transmitting at the same frequency? is that frequency too low? Is there one specific node that's holding everybody up? There are lots of videos out there on how to use Wireshark; I imagine most don't apply directly to Ethernet IP, but some might still be helpful.