Factory Talk View Pro's - 200 Cycle Time Tracker.

gerberz

I have been asked to record the last 200 cycle times and make a display for our HMI. I am using our AB PLC to recording the 200 cycle times and place them into a array of 200.

The issue that i am having is when I was going to make the screen for the HMI I quickly found out it would take forever to make a numeric display properties for each of the 200 tags. Does anyone know of a way to do this in a much easier/faster way?

Use the control list selector object.
Add 200 states.
For each state caption, use embedded variables

Ex.
Code:
Cycle #120: /*N:3 {::[PLC]CycleTimeArray[119]} NOFILL DP:1*/ sec.

Then you can use the page up/down buttons to scroll through the list.

Use the control list selector object.
Add 200 states.
For each state caption, use embedded variables

Ex.
Code:
Cycle #120: /*N:3 {::[PLC]CycleTimeArray[119]} NOFILL DP:1*/ sec.

Then you can use the page up/down buttons to scroll through the list.

I ended up taking the long way, do you care to explain how this works? Could help me with this issue in the future. Thanks!!

I ended up taking the long way, do you care to explain how this works? Could help me with this issue in the future. Thanks!!
You'll just have to try the Control List object to see how it really works.
You only need a few states to understand.

The Control List object looks like a scrolling list of text. So, you could show just 20 rows of your cycle times. Then use up/down arrows to scroll through that list of 200.

By using the embedded variables your tag values will show up as text in that list. You would see this

Cycle #120: 84 sec.
Cycle #121: 79 sec.
Cycle #122: 89 sec.
Cycle #139: 80 sec.

The main reason why you would use the control list instead of 200 numeric displays is for space. The control list can use far less space on your screen.

I haven't FTViewed in a long time, but this info is probably best displayed in a graph format. In other HMIs there is usually an XY scatter plot, or an array plot.
May be worth displaying the maximum minimum average too, but these are much easier to calculate.