Uploading PV+ using factorytalk view studio machine edition

controlled

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have just started working with Factory talk view studio, machine addition. I need to make some changes to a pv+ screen. I uploaded the file from the screen using ethernet. All seemed to upload correctly, but it appears it was trying to use my laptop as a runtime screen. When this happened, I was getting all kinds of popups saying that the software has not been activated. I assume this is because the edition I have does not have any runtime licenses.

I also noticed that it saved the file as a *.mer file, which i think is the runtime file.

Is there a way to upload from a screen, only to make some changes, and then download again without getting the error messages?

If it is version 5.0 or higher you can after you upload it go to tools, aplication manager and select restore runtime application and follow the prompts.