SLC 50/3 Connecting to Local Network

List price is over 3100 each so you would be better with a 5/05, you maybe able to find them used but I have never install or sold them

Upgrading to 5/05 is the cleanest and easiest option. The Digi One IAP does support two serial ports so you can bridge to Ethernet and keep your local HMI on the same serial port. Depending on what you are doing on Ethernet this might bottleneck the serial port, but for just occasional access with RSLogix, you probably won't notice a problem. It has been a few years since I set up a Digi to use both serial ports, but IIRC, I could upload and download to both the Panelview Standard and the 5/03 over the Ethernet bridge.

And to clarify, yes, you would need a Digi for each machine.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

What some ways to connect an Ethernet only PanelView Plus to a SLC 5/04 without upgrading it to a SLC 5/05?
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am doing a site survey for an older plant which my company has started working with. There are mutliple different PLC's around the...
Replies
Views
I have a SLC504 in the field that is communicating DH+ to several other SLC504 and the RS232 port is communicating to a panel view plus 1000. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm a electrician who is furthering my education and learning to be a programer , I have a Dell laptop running windows 7 with rs logics pro...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have a question about connecting to an S500 PLC. I have been tasked with going to site and taking a backup of a program from an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom