NEW FEATURE: File sharing added...

Phil Melore

Administrator
Hi Folks,

Happy 2004!!! :geek:

Thank you all for making 2003 such a great year for PLC topics here. I hope you all enjoyed reading through the 1000's of topics posted on the forum last year as much as I did.

This year we have many new ideas to be released on the site... based largely upon YOUR feedback! (yes, t-shirts are coming as well...)

We'll start off our 2004 PLCS.net site additions upgrade with:
A new File Sharing Area.

We'll keep it 'unreleased' to those who don't read this message until we get some beta testing time in. That's where you folks can help the most.

Please check out the area by clicking here: File Upload/Download Area

Please note that anyone can download a file but you must register there to have upload permission.
So, please register there and upload a few sample PLC programs.
They can be in most any file format. Currently the file size limit is 1Mb.

We'll keep the beta period relatively short and then release the link to the main menu bar at the top of every page.

uragod Also, I'm looking for program icons to associate with the proper file extensions. If you would be kind enough to do a screen capture and send me the picture file I'll edit it and associate it with the proper file extension.
Please email them to me at:
[email protected]

Please feedback your suggestions for improving that section as well as what other features you'd find useful here at PLCS.net
(More coming soon (y) )

Happy 2004!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy,

Yeah, sucess!

Phil,
I uploaded a LogixPro test file and then downloaded the same one, and all went well. I am unsure about
Originally posted by Phil
Also, I'm looking for program icons to associate with the proper file extensions. If you would be kind enough to do a screen capture and send me the picture file I'll edit it and associate it with the proper file extension.
what you mean here. I will gladly send you a screen shot but want to send the right thing.

Re: Yeah, sucess!

randylud said:
Phil,
snip...
I am unsure about what you mean here. I will gladly send you a screen shot but want to send the right thing.

Sorry for the poor explanation... it was after midnight zzzzz

If you go to windows explorer and view --> details, the files on your harddrive will have custom icons IF they are associated with some software on your hard drive. Here's an example:

[attachment]

Notice above that all the files except 'user_prefs' is associated with some program and the icon of that program is there. I'm looking for THOSE icons. ++Just PLC file related ones though...++ I have already included other ones like zip, gif, etc.

Hope that explanation helps a bit more.

Enjoy,

icons.gif

Last edited:
More details...

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the icons already sent.
Siemens-- .fwd, .lay, .mcp, .mwl, .mwp, .pdb, .pdl, .pdt, .plc, .sim
Allen Bradley-- .rss, .rsp, .pba, .pva, .acd
Automation Direct and LG-- .prj
Mitsubishi-- .mpa, .pro
Moeller-- .poe, .dcf

LogixPro-- .rsl

If you have PLC software installed on the computer you're using to view the forum now, kindly just take 2 minutes and do the following:

Go to windows explorer.
1- Navigate to the directory with your plc programs.
2- On the top menu click 'view' then 'details' (the files should look like the format in the post above this)
3- Press the 'print screen' button on your keyboard (probably to the right of the F12 key)
4- Press the windows 'start button' then choose 'programs', 'accessories', 'paint'. This starts the Microsoft Paint program.
5- From the top menu choose 'edit' then 'paste'. A screenshot is now there.
6- Save the file (don't worry about the file format) and attach it to an email. Send the email to me at [email protected]

That's it. Simple. I'll take care of the graphics editing details when I get the file from you.

Thanks for your cooperation!!!

👨🏻‍🏫 By the way... Here's a tip for you
Click a zip file link there (as shown below) to see what's inside the zip file before downloading it.

[attachment]

Enjoy,

ziplink.gif

Last edited:
I did the same thing before I read the rules!

Please note that anyone can download a file but you must register there to have upload permission. This is from Phil's message at the start of this thread!

not linked...

Sorry but the username/password is seperate from the forum username/password. Maybe that's something for me to work on!

Bitmore said:
Phil,
I must be missing somthing but the server won't accept my username/password but I'm cookied!
What am I doing wrong?

Bitmore

Last edited:
What is the size

Hi Phil
I am trying to upload a .Zip file it's size is about 6MB but i alaways fail to do.
Is there a maximum file size i can't exceed in order to be able to upload it?.
THX

Hi Phil
Can you add in frontof eachdirectory in the download area the number of files contained in this directory in order to help us in noticing whats new in this directories and prevent us fromgoing to empty folders .Like the attached file

Hi Hesham,

Sorry I missed your posts...

As ejessen pointed out, there is currently a 1Mb size limit. I hesitate to increase it too high to avoid the potential for 'problems'.

Regarding recent files, check the very bottom of the cover page there. You'll see a link to 'last 10 files uploaded'. Does that help you? I suspect(?) that once it 'goes live' all directories will be far from empty.

Enjoy,

awl icon?

Anybody have a Siemens .awl file icon image to share using the screenshot method above?(if there is an icon...)

Please email it to me at [email protected] if you have it so we can make the Siemens area look better.

Thanks (y)

Re: awl icon?

Phil Melore said:
Anybody have a Siemens .awl file icon image to share using the screenshot method above?(if there is an icon...)

OK. Thanks to our friend Mike an .awl icon is now there.
Seems to me we should probably end the beta and go live as the server hasn't logged any problems... and none have been reported.

Anyone experience any problems with the upload/download area?? :confused:

Enjoy,

I've had zero problems downloading, and it seems that uploading works, else there wouldn't be anything there. Go for it!...:site:

beerchug

-Eric