Configuring 1756-IF8 card to 8 channels

MartyMaucher

I've searched Allen Bradley and online, but cannot figure out how to configure this 1756-IF8 card to 8 single-ended analog inputs in the Logix Designer software. Anyone know?

AICard.PNG

If you lookup the help menu
You have to install it using single ended mode
if you use differential mode you have 4 channels available
so just remove it from the I/O tree and reinstall with the correct mode

Delete the module from your IO configuration then recreate it. It will ask you for the mode during the creation process. Select the appropriate mode at that point.

I will necromance this thread a bit, since I have the same question. I modified 1756-IF8 to single ended input as it should be based on drawings, I created module in differential so I was lacking channels.
Client is using only 4-20 mA devices. So, if I'm not wrong to have everything OK all x-RTN pins need to be jumped to RTN and common signal ground for devices need to be connected there as well (with 249 Ohm resistor between IN-x and x-RTN pins)?

Drawings show 24V + power line going to RTN, and I see devices ground pins going to RTN as well. This is wrong or I don't understand something?

pic1.png pic2.png pic3.png