PVP7 USB Issue

I am currently having issues with a USB being plugged into the back of a PVP7 terminal. The HMI is not even acknowledging the storage device on the station or on the Windows application.

I wrote a data logging program and plan to write the data to the USB. For some reason, my personal USB will be recognized, but the USBs we purchased for the project will not work at all.

I have tried to format each USB to A similar representation of each other, but no luck. The only real difference between the two is the storage capacity (64Gb ((no worky)) vs. 2Gb ((worky)))

Lemme know if yall have any ideas whats the problem.

Thanks
icon10.gif

Try formatting the 64GB stick to be a 2GB partition; maybe the PLC can't handle file systems bigger thatn 2GB. Microsoft Windows was like that for a while; also some BIOS systems had that limitation, so the boot partition needed to be small but once it bootstrapped to the OS, the OS could get to the next bigger disk.

yes, 2GB is 2^31 (or 2^31-1), and there are only 31 bits available for positive numbers in 32-bit signed integers.