S7-200 CPU and touchscreen

man55

I am trying to connect siemens S7-200 CPU226 with Eurotherm TS8006 touch panel using PC/PPI cable but they are not communicating.
I have used RS 232 port on the touch panel and selected the S7 via PPI protocol in the touchscreen software.The drop number 2 has been used to identify CPU226.I am trying to access the bits of V memory of S7 CPU.The referance tag has been created on the touchsreen software to access the CPU 226.
I am using STEP7 Microwin 3.1 to program CPU226.I need to know why they are not communicating with eachother.Can anyone explain the reasons for this problem who has experience using S7 with a thirdparty touchsreen.

Are you sure of the cable? Here's the 432 pinout for the 226

Pin Number Signal Description
1 No connect
2 24 V Return (RS-485 logic ground)
3 Signal B (RxD/TxD+)
4 RTS (TTL level)
5 No connect
6 No connect
7 24 V Supply
8 Signal A (RxD/TxD--)
9 Protocol select

I don,t have much experience about interfacing but RS232 and PPI interface for S7 200 is different. Some conversion cable or circuit is needed between CPU and touch panel.