FactoryTalk .apa file location

FSPT_Tech

Can anyone help with this simple (hopefully) question?

I created a FactoryTalk Studio (version 7.00) project that was loaded on a PanelView Plus HMI.

I need to send the file to a friend via email for some editing help. He asked me to send the project file (.apa file). NOT the runtime file (.mer file).

Apparently, the .apa file is the file which will allow him to edit the project.

My question: where can I find this file?

I know Rockwell likes to create it's own file locations when saving files using it's software. I don't know where I could find the .apa file of my project.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You need to create this file. Its an archive file. Look for the application manager app. The icon is a nuclear symbol. It's under FactoryTalk View, Tools. Select ME and select backup.

The Application Manager will let you save the *.APA archive file in any directory you wish, but the default directory (in Windows XP, anyhow) is

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Archives

I expect that you have Windows 7, so the directory path should be similar but not identical; it probably has "Users\Public" instead of "\All Users"

Just wanted to let you guys know that I still use this chat to do this almost every time I need to send a file to make sure I get it done right the first time and don't get frustrated with the process.
Thank you for the help many times in the past and still in March of 2021.
:geek: