Simatic OP 177 string tags

Polle

Hi,

Here's my problem:
i made an internal tag in WinCCflex, datatype String.
I put this tag in a few I/O fields, all have string length 20.
When I enter a text in the I/O field in runtime, only the first ten characters appear in the tag.

Looks kinda weird to me.

Polle

String length

While I haven't used WinCC Flexible myself, my imidiate reaction was that you had perhaps limited the length on the tag to 10 chars?

So that even if the I/O field itself can hold 20 characters, the actual string can perhaps only hold 10? (maybe a default size for string type internal tags in WinCC Flex?)
Try checking the properties of the tag, but like I said, I never worked with Flexible, and have no developer licence to any WinCC at my current work.

Itka,

I was thinking in that direction too, but i cannot find a way to set the length.

Polle

Communication-->Tags mark your tag and choose general under settings you define the tag length.
WinCCFL.jpg

Last edited:
Bratt,
I didn't see the properties window under the tag list like i see in your example, but now i know what to look for, tomorrow morning.
Thanks for helping me out!

PoL