Modbus communication with MV panel

parvezl

Hi,

We have two panels, one is MV(6.6kV) and the other is LV(415V) having the PLC. The panels are both in different rooms.

My Schneider PLC from LV panel needs to communicate with the MV (6.6kV) panel which has breakers and power meters on Modbus.

I have the following queries as to what precaution should i take in routing and using the communciation cables.

1. Is it ok if I use shielded twisted pair cables for communication.
2. What should be the minimum distance between the power cables and the Modbus communication cables.
3. I will be using a RS485 port Isolator on the PLC. Is is enough.

Thanks in advance.

Similar Topics

hello i have Honeywell ST-71 REPEATER PANEL. can anyone tell me how to connect this ST-71 to the system 57 through Modbus communication. i have...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need to access the bits from the fire system control panel through RS-485. So, I used Read Var block to read from the panel...
Replies
Views
Hi, i cant establish communication between fatek plc with an energy meter, both capable for modbus tcp, i did with modscan but fatek plc does not...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I am a new member and this is my first post! I have a little PLC experience but it is mostly with siemens logo and using ladder...
Replies
Views
can i send and recieve data using my yokogawa UT35A controller with my siemens s7 1200 plc using profinet communication without using gsd file
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom