RSLogix5000 V20.01 Crashing

I asked this in another thread, but I am going to start a new thread to see if anyone has more info on this problem.

I am having an issue with my install of RSLogix5000 V20.01 not working. I current use V19.01 and V20.01 in my mill. I have had no issues at all out of V19.01, but V20.01 will work for awhile and then start having fatal errors upon opening an existing file or creating a new file. I ca reinstall v20.01 and it will start working again until it starts crashing again after a few uses. Luckily the two PLCs that use V20.01 I don't have to get on very often, but it does get to be an annoyance.

I am using Windows 7 Professional (64-bit).

Does anyone know if upgrading to 20.04 would fix this issue or if there may be some other problem I need to address.

Mark:

I had the same situation, I reinstalled V20.01 at least 8 times until it fails again. I've been using V20.04 for two weeks now, do not know if this release was meant to solve 20.01 problems, but it's worth a try. BTW V20.04 has not failed so far.
I am using win 7 32 bits.

Last edited:
Mark,

when it gets a fatal error, it should produce a file that gives you more information - what does that file say?
Usually they ask you to send that to Tech Support for them to tell you the problem.....

The error it produces is a c++ error as below:

Error 0xe06d7363 (-529697949)

RxEXCEPTION_MICROSOFT_C_PLUS_PLUS - A Microsoft C++ exception was generated but not handled.

From the knowledgebase:
RSLogix 5000 Fatal Error
Application path C:\...\RSLogix 5000\ENU\V15\BIN\RS5000.EXE
Source File: unknown Line number: -1
Function or method unknown

RxEXCEPTION_MICROSOFT_C_PLUS_PLUS - A Microsoft C++ exception was generated but not handled.

Cause
This issue can be caused by invalid registry entries or a corrupted .ACD file.

This has been seen when starting RSLogix 5000 V17 software with invalid user preferences.
It appears that the workstation that was last editing the ACD file has an invalid clock setting. The year was 1908 rather than 2008. You can verify this by opening the corrupted ACD file in Notepad and viewing the last few save timestamps. Warning! do NOT edit the file in Notepad or it will corrupt it beyond repair.

Answer
This problem was fixed by holding down the left Shift and Ctrl keys when starting RSLogix 5000.
If the file was corrupted, then contact Technical Support to send in the file so the software developers can attempt to repair it.
See 492404 - RSLogix 5000: Fatal Error 0xe06d7363 when launching project for another possible cause of the issue and the solution.

See 492404 - basically they run you through how to repair your installation of RSLogix5000 v20....rather than uninstall and reinstall...comments there suggest it works for some and not for others.....

It does not look like a time stamp issue, but rather something that needs the repair of the install per the second KB article.

I was hoping just upgrading to 20.04 would solve this issue, instead of having to repair it periodically.

Mark Snodgrass said:

Mark,

I have read through the Release Notes for RSLogix 5000 v20.04 and there is no mention of it correcting your specific error. Nor is there any mention of that specific error under Known Anomalies.

Mark Snodgrass said:
...V20.01 will work for awhile and then start having fatal errors upon opening an existing file or creating a new file...

This technote is quite specific to your issue, as in getting the above error when trying to open or create projects using v20 in Windows 7 64-bit...

471207 - RSLogix 5000 v20 Fatal Error Opening or Creating projects
Access Level: TechConnect

I would check for that software "WEBROOT SecureAnywhere", or the later mentioned "CCleaner", or some similar type third party software that may be the cause.

Whatever it is, it is something specific to your system, as many of us do not have the same issue.

I have a vague recollection of a similar thread I dealt with in the past?

Regards,
George

All I did to fix the issues was repair the the latest and greatest Version of rslogix5000. i went to the control panel,programs and rslogix 5000 v20.01. repaired the program and I went to file where i had the file when i intially installed it 20.01.01-RSLogix5000\RSLogix5000\ENU\RSLogx5k\v20.01 I hope this helps