RSLogix 5000 v7.02

mcamargo

Hi, i have a PLC ControlLogix 5550 (1756-L1/A) with Firmware version 7.11, the thing is i need to make an upload to a PC as a backup, but the RSLogix 5000 (versions from 8 to 16) keeps telling me that they can't read the PLC because it have a firmware version not compatible, so, doing some research i found that i need the 7.02 version of RSLogix 5000 in order to be able of connect to the plc.

In the Rockwell site, the older version i found it's 8.52, anyone here knows how to get that specific version of RSLogix (7.02)? or better, send it? upload it? anything! I'm getting really really tired of searching this thing.

Thank you.

Version 7 is well over 10 years old, so you can see why it wouldn't be in high demand for download.

I recently obtained it for a customer with some very old equipment but I had to get it internally from Tech Support. Contact your local Rockwell Automation office and get their help directly.

The thing is, i get this PLC through ebay, so, Rockwell will still give me support? or most importantly, the software? how much will cost us? the purpose of this equipment it's to be used for testing a few things only, not for production sites, it's the first allen bradley piece we have. Sugestions?

Yes, before you try to get an old version of the software, try to update the firmware on the plc itself. Things are updated to fix problems, or improve things, so it's likely a good idea to update to the newest firmware you can anwyay.

Did you buy an entire automated machine in the aftermarket, or just the ControlLogix CPU ?

If you need to upload the existing program as a backup, you will need that exact version of RSLogix 5000. Don't upgrade the firmware right away; that will erase the existing program.

If you are a new Rockwell Automation customer and purchase a new license for RSLogix 5000, you will get a 1-year TechConnect support contract, which will also entitle you to firmware and software that goes as far back as ControlLogix does (around 1997).

I am not familiar with the Rockwell Automation distribution or local offices in Mexico, nor with the pricing there. I think your member info shows you're in Monterrey; the Rockwell Automation branch office in Monterrey is at:

Rockwell Automation / Monterrey
Av. Fundadores No. 935
Piso 4 Edificio
Fundadores
Col. Valley del Mirador
Monterrey, N.L.
C.P. 64750
[52](81) 8125-2300

Yes, i need a Backup, so, i think i'll keep searching version 7.02, and if there's no luck, my boss will have to decide between a new firmware, or calling Rockwell, thank you all for the suggestions, and you Ken for the offices info.