Serial Link between CJ1M and a CQM1H?

Soggy Canuck

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to set up a serial link between a CJ1M-CPU12 and a CQM1H-CPU21, has anyone ever tried to link the PLC's using the 1:1 Data Link of the CQM1H and the Serial PLC Link of the CJ1M? At first glance they appear to perform similar functions, even if they are looking at different adressess.

Interesting idea!

I know this won't help, but I would say you will have to try it to know for sure.

My concern is the fact that the CJ1 does not have the LR memory area. I understand that memory is "reserved" for the serial PLC Link function, but not sure how that would work across different hardware platforms.

Let us know what you find out.

Hi gtsuport,

You are quite correct, I finaly got a hold of my local Omron guru, and as it turns out he had tried this very setup some years back, only to give up and go to a no protocol solution.
This will not work for my setup, so I'm going to buy a Controller Link module for each PLC and attack the problem that way.

Controller Link is good stuff - fast and very reliable. My prefered peer to peer network.