Logix 5000 to talk to wonderware through 1756 ENET

smcmanus

Hi. I am having issues getting Wonderware(v10.0) to talk to my ControlLogix 5000(1756-L62s)Processor v14. I installed the Wonderware IO server ABCIP. Can someone tell me when I create a Topic Definition, under PLC Family Logix5000 is grayed out?

So I ignored the grayed out Logix 5000 and check boxed the PLC5. For network addressing I set the connection type "1756-ENET --> Logix5550" and set my RSLinx Driver to the mapped ControlLogix. I then created mapped PLC/SLC Messages in the Logix 5000 to a tag "test_int[10]" of type Integer. My File number is 71. I then saved it with a topic name of "CLX_CONNECT"

Next under WWClient I setup a new connection. Node = "", Application = "ABCIP", Topic = "CLX_CONNECT" and connection type = DDE. Now when I click create the logger view under ABCIP pops up " TOPIC "CLX_CONNECT";STATUS "GOOD";ITEMS"0";Errors"0";Write Status"complete".

Now back to WWClient. I click Item and a new box appears. I put a value of N71:0 in the drop list of type integer and a value of 888. I then click Advise, then AdviseEx. My ABCIP logger window then displays a Status "Bad".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

smcmanus said:
Now back to WWClient. I click Item and a new box appears. I put a value of N71:0 in the drop list of type integer and a value of 888. I then click Advise, then AdviseEx. My ABCIP logger window then displays a Status "Bad".

N71:0 is not a valid ControlLogix address (unless you have set up a PLC5 mapping table. Try N71[0] (assuming that you have an array defined as N71).

If you are using the Archestra IO Server ABCIP there is no reason to configure anyting with RSLinx. RSLinx will not be needed if you use the Wonderware IO Server.

If you were intending to use RSLinx then inside Wonderware you will need to change the application you are linking to through DDE (RSLinx not ABCIP).

Darren

From what I see on the support site you should be able to use native tags with version 4.0. Also it states that you can not do local dde connections unless the IO server is configured to run "Not As A Service".