Using Siemens CP1613 in a common PC

Anie

Hi Guys,
I encountered a broken PC on site. The PC was a Simatic Rack PC (industrial one with S/n :6ES7643-6DA31-0JX0).The connecttion to profibus was using an industrial ethernet card (CP1613). SInce the plant need to be run, I tried to install the ethernet card to a common PC PCI slot but it didn't work. I would like to know if is it possible to actually used the ethernet card with the common PC. I have already installed the card and it was detected also by the PC. But no connection to profibus (WinCC connection already setted also). Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Anie

The CP1613 should work in any PC.
Dont know if WinCC has an internal driver that works with CP1613. If not you probably have to install Simatic Net software.

"The connecttion to profibus was using an industrial ethernet card (CP1613)" ?
How do you co from Ethernet to Profibus ? Via a gateway, or do you use routing, or .. ?

Driver needed

You have to install CP1613 in windows as usual as installation of any PCI card, that means you have to install the driver, it comes in simatic Net CD, looking for folder SW/ driver. then check for Simatic Net devices in windows device manager, update the driver if necessary. good luck.:site:

Cp 1613

Jesper's question is stil un-answered, how come you use a CP-1613(which is an industrial ethernet processor) to connect devices on DP?

Hagos

if you already have the PLC program, you have to use NetPro configuring Network to download the the configuration of your station to the PC station, make sure that you change the PC/PG configuration to Local in order to enable that.
select compile and save option to check other components configuration.
check Profi address for all components, if you have to change other sittings, use configuration console. good luck.