Rockwell 1756 DNB error code 83

davegr

hello all, I am trying to configure a Devicenet network.
I have a Controllogix processor with a 1756 Dnb scanner module in the rack.
From this, the Devicenet cabling goes to 2 Devicenet flex I/O adapters.
I have downloaded the configuration successfully to the Dnb and the adapters. There are no red lights (always a good sign!). However, the Dnb shows an error code of #0083 for both adapter nodes. The manual says "Check the devicenet configuration/cycle power. I have checked the configuration and cycled the power umpteen times but with no success. Anyone else had this error code?
TIA

NB. Using the latest firmaware and software revisions for all devices.

Can you give some details on your configuration to help refresh my memory. I have seen this and it seems it had something to do to with ADR.

Basics - Might check and make sure you used the correct revision number when configuring in RsNetworks. Put the flex I/Os back to defaults and try again.

I have a 10 slot rack with the following in;

Slot 0 - Controller 1756-L55 Controllogix

Slot 2 - Enet/A Ethernet comms card (for programming)

Slot 3 - 1756- DNB Devicenet scanner

The devicenet scanner Rev.6.2 (Node 0) then connects via a small length (<10m) of cable to;

Node 1 - 1794 ADN flex I/O adapter module (with 1 IB16 input card)

Node 2 - 1794 ADN flex I/O adapter (with 1 OW8 output card)

There were many more nodes and cards, but I have stripped it down to try to see what the problem is.

The DNB scan list has just these 2 nodes, automapped.
The lights on the adapters are Power-Steady green, Mod/Net-Flashing green, I/O-Off
The Dnb has green steady lights but shows N#01 error 0083, N#02 error 0083.
I have already configured 4 panels with no problems. But on the last 2 I have had this same problem. Tried swapping Dnb, ADN, rack, PLC, power supply. Checked cabling, grounding etc. but to no avail. Rockwell support not yet found me an answer.

Sorry but don't think I can help. Found the notes from when I was having error 83 and it had to do with some 160s and ADR. A search on Rockwell did show this technote which was kind of weird. Seems to be mainly for error 83 on the 1794-ADN. Maybe configuring the 1794-ADN is touchy. Might try reseting it and starting again step by step. Know that isn't a logical solution but read this technote, it isn't very logical either. Seems kind of like rebooting your computer

G147149819 - Directions on how to take a 1794-ADN back to Factory Defaults using RSNetWorx for DeviceNet software.

I had a problem that sounds similar to this. Make sure that when you download to the ADN adapter that it is not yet in the scan list of the DNB. If it is delete it an cycle power. Configure the ADN and then add it to the DNB. What I found is that it might indicate a sucessful configuration, but it was hit or miss. The only way to gurantee it was to not add the ADN to the scanlist before configuration. If there were major changes to the node I had to delete from scanlist, cycle power, configure and then add back to the scan list.

Hope this helps.

Darren

Thanks for your replies, but still no luck. We had Rockwell in all day yesterday, and they didn't get anywhere either. Very strange, but it's in the "experts" hands now.

Same Problem Error 83

Hi people. I have the same problem with a FlexIO 1794ADN conected to a 1794 DNB.
You could solve the problem?

Best regards

Sebas