RS Logix 5000: Service Edition

alive15

Good morning all, hope you guys are doing well today. I am looking to purchase the rs logix 5000 service edition, for ladder viewing / upload / download only. Is this the correct software and if so, is there anything I should be aware of before purchasing? I think this software is better and cheaper than purchasing the full version so our techs can just view the logic without worrying about accidentally changing any code; more for troubleshooting purposes than modifying.

Thanks,

Good morning all, hope you guys are doing well today. I am looking to purchase the rs logix 5000 service edition, for ladder viewing / upload / download only. Is this the correct software and if so, is there anything I should be aware of before purchasing? I think this software is better and cheaper than purchasing the full version so our techs can just view the logic without worrying about accidentally changing any code; more for troubleshooting purposes than modifying.

Thanks,

I believe that you are looking at the correct version of the software.

From the rockwell site - I believe that answering a direct sales question is fair use of a knowledgebase article. This article is access: Everyone

I can't summarize it better than this:

Question
What specifically does RSLogix 5000 or Studio 5000 Service Edition provide?
Why can’t I make any online edits to my controller?
Why I can not add any tags online?

Answer
RSLogix 5000 or Studio 5000 Service Edition (9324-RLD000ENE) offers a Reduced Functionality version of RSLogix 5000 or Studio 5000 software which supports all Logix5000 controllers using Major revision 12 firmware or greater.

Meets the needs of customers who want to limit the capabilities of their users, without having to manage passwords. OEMs & System Integrators who need to deliver something to load and service equipment, but want to control costs.

Service Edition allows:
Upload / Download

If you download a project to the controller and delete the file from your local drive, you will not be able to upload to a new project file.
View Only for the following programming languages (No Editing Ability):

Ladder Logic
FBD
SFC
ST
Phase Manager Upload/Download only.
GuardLogix editor

Supports options to enable View Only or Modification modes for:

Tag data values
I/O Forcing
SFC Forcing

Supports:

Graphical Trending
Configure or Calibrate existing I/O modules
Supports printing of application reports
Can change Controller Modes (Run, Program, Test)

All Controller Properties dialogs are viewable and the following can be edited:

Serial Port
System Protocol
User Protocol
Clear Major and Minor Faults
Load/store to non-volatile memory

Couple miscellaneous things you can not do:
Cannot create new .ACD files.
Cannot import tags.
Cannot select rungs.
Force Safety I/O