Is it possible to write script on TIA Portal 13 professional?

Prince

People are telling me that I need the "Advanced" version for this purpose. Should I uninstall the "Professional" version beforehand?

People are telling me that I need the "Advanced" version for this purpose. Should I uninstall the "Professional" version beforehand?

More detail is needed.

We're talking WinCC Advanced vs WinCC Professional?
We're talking VB scripts?

VB scripts are available in WinCC Professional. To my knowledge WinCC professional has everything WinCC Advanced plus more capabilities.

Script could also mean structured text in the PLC - aka SCL (Structured Control Language) in Siemens.

Thanks Pete. I'm understand that "Advanced" and "Professional" are differences that exist in the WinCC portion of TIA and not the PLC one. Not certain though but it's fun (not) to guess what the OP wanted to ask.

Yes, I installed TIA Portal V13 professional for the first time. but I can not find the section for VB script programming. I searched all the documents and they are under the name of WinCC advanced.

Yes How can I open that section in TIA Portal V13 professional

Yes, I installed TIA Portal V13 professional for the first time. but I can not find the section for VB script programming. I searched all the documents and they are under the name of WinCC advanced.

Yes How can I open that section in TIA Portal V13 professional

1) just to be clear, there is Step 7 Professional and WinCC Adv Professional, they are two different things.

2) WinCC Professional lets you configure projects for the Basic panels (Wincc Basic), comfort panels and older multipanels (WinCC Comfort), a PC based machine runtime (WinCC Adv) and a PC based SCADA runtime (WinCC Prof). It doesn't add new features to those packages, it just includes all of them (ie a basic panel can only do what a basic panel can do, regardless whether you have WinCC Basic or Pro).

3) can you post a screenshot of your project tree? You need to have a Comfort panel, WinCC Adv, or WinCC Prof device created in the tree to be able to open the Scripts folder for that device, and start making scripts.

4) You can configure multiple devices in the same Portal Project, so you need to actually add the device to your project. You can't just go straight to scripting, you have to tell it what kind of system you want to configure first.

Thanks mk42. the info was very beneficial.

Dear dwoodlock, I will start a new thread about my problem