FactoryTalk View ME-Multistate PB.Can you remotely change the state without pressing?

Cydog

Good Morning ,

I have a multistate pushbutton that I don't want to depend on the operator to press before leaving a screen. Is there a way , like the visibility ,
indicator , that I can remotely change the state of a maintained pushbutton ?

I am changing the state of the code back to it's original state when they leave the screen , but when they come back to the screen , I don't want to cause any confusion , when it is still in the on position when they return.

Dumb question , I know.

Thanks for your help ,

If you select this setting:
Cx7gyD6.png

It will mirror any changes to the tag.

I am having a difficult time understanding how I would control the value of a
Multistate pushbutton , or any other. It seems like the only thing that would
control that would be the operator from the screen , correct ? Could you provide me with some examples that would influence that multistate PB to change state .

Thanks so much for your help.

Isn't that how it works by default when "Next state determined by: Previous Value" is set?

Interesting. I've never used the "Value Connection" option but unless I'm misinterpreting with the OP is asking, I'm certain that you can use the PLC to latch/unlatch the bit or write to the integer that the maintained or multistate pushbutton controls even when set to "Current State". And the pushbutton will also change to show that state. It remains in that state until either the PLC changes it again, or the pushbutton is pressed.

In 'Current State' the HMI keeps an internal copy of the state and refers to that when the control is pressed again to determine what to send to the PLC. When the control is not pressed the control displays dependent on it's remembered state and does not refresh from the PLC.

In 'Value Connection' the HMI always refers to the current state in the PLC when changing to a new value and actually continues to monitor the value even when the control is not being pressed.